Hello, I'm Daniel. I am an editor, designer, writer and journalist who lives in New York City.
I am the Director of Content, Audience at the The New York Daily News. I oversee the homepage, social media, interactive and design/graphics teams. Before that, I was a founding news editor of Slant. I also worked as a Senior Visual Designer for The Daily, the first publication built exclusively for tablets.
I am a graduate of the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, but before I moved to New York I attended Abilene Christian University. I earned a Bachelor’s degree in journalism at ACU while also working for the JMC Network, where I was Editor in Chief of the student newspaper The Optimist.
• Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
• Final Cut and Adobe Premiere
• Any and all content management systems.
• AP style
• Copy editing and headline writing
• HTML5 and CSS3
• Animation and video production
• Photo editing, retouching and illustration
• Social media strategy and analysis
• Data visualization and graphic design